Saturday 8 January 2011

Keeping It Low In The Low Countries.

Stereotypes sometimes have at least a minuscule grain of truth and people picture the Netherlands with red lights and green leaves. Tulips, bicycles and beer are a few more cliches. Having visited this flat place (here's another one) several times already, I thought I'd stay away from this lot. Tulips especially.
The reason for my being here of course was a long planned family reunion, and during the festive season no less. And I guess most people have had a taste of family reunions. During the festive season. I'm just guessing here.

Anyway, my main point is that the Low Countries is as good a place to keep a low profile as any. Just bring warm clothes, a few books and all the civility you can muster. Or maybe don't bring anything and ride your bike naked, drunk and stoned, with tulips under your arm and stop at every red light. Happy New Year again.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. great pictures john!
    and funny text.. he he
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Netherlands, enjoy have some fresh stroopwafels on my behalf :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, and suikerwaffel too!!
    g

    ReplyDelete