Sunday 2 January 2011

A Little Perspective.

During my most recent visit to Athens, while wandering around aimlessly as usual, I bumped into the most amazing shop window I ever saw. And the inside was even better. I asked for permission to take some photos and I ended up staying more than an hour. The lady that owns the place was a revelation, a living time capsule full of grace, humour, kindness and character.

Her name is Mrs. Khetee Floru, a professional typist and qualified accountant, who has worked for five decades in this little shop. She was typing (under absolute secrecy) scripts for the cinema and theatre and was part of the golden era in Greek art of the 50s, 60s and 70s. She is now retired and the shop is for sale. It might be old, dusty and chaotic but to be frank, were I to take over, I wouldn't change a thing. It's truthful and honest, a whole life well lived.

1 comment:

  1. nice pictures, nice atmosphere..
    kind of melancholic though, dont you think??
    g

    ReplyDelete