Friday 29 January 2010

Nerooooo, ligo verooooo....

It cannot get any hotter than this! The city is on fire! I need this water desperately. Thankfully the Portenos have some seriously cold beers in the fridge and that goes a long way.

I don't know what you know about Brazilians but they must be the hardest partying people on earth! The loudest, friendliest and most lovable too. On my return from Uruguay, a small communication breakdown forced me to "think laterally" as they say. And by following the advice of some friends from Montevideo I ended up in a crazy place full of them! I mean 95% of the people there were from Brazil. An eclectic mix I have to say and after 3 days I was done. I have a certain age you see and I can go so far. The days were hot and lazy, the nights were hot and sweaty! Enough said.

And now we come back to that water mentioned on the title. The mirage that I keep seeing all day, every day. I'm off again. I have to. It's a matter of life or death almost. Tomorrow I'll be in Rosario, on the Parana river. A few hours bus drive and I'll find my oasis..... An update will follow straight from the shadow of a tall tree, or the bottom of the river.

5 comments:

  1. Ya you are! Go Juan go! I'm cheering from you from the B.A. sidelines. I am a little envious of your excursion to the water's of argentina. lucky! Gracias for the meeting of the minds yesterday at lunch, the trips to the heladeria, and most recently a thanks for some how-to's in the land of iso's and meter modes. Gonna miss you in B.A., but I know you'll be back... see you later cool cat.

    Positive Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha,ha,ha...

    We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know wheeeeeeenn......

    I'll miss you too, hell, I already do! I won't be far though. Our minds will be closer anyway...

    iHasta luego linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Πέρνα καλά ρε Γιάννη, το αξίζεις.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fxaristw re file/n, kavw o,ti mporw!

    (poios/a eisai;)

    ReplyDelete